116 DAYS LEFT!
REGISTER TODAY!! :))
VIEW SURVIVAL SHEET
Drag the blue box to avoid the moving enemies.
Gamifying The Future
HackOMania is an annual 24-hour hackathon organised by GeeksHacking Community that aims to bring together tech enthusiasts, students and working professionals from various backgrounds to tackle real-world issues using awesome tech solutions.
The theme of this year is Gamification! So assemble your squad1, throw on your wizarding hats, and let's get cranking!
If you are still unsure about participating, you can come down to the pre-event and find out more. You can register for pre-event here.
Follow our Facebook page for latest news!
1A team must have at most 5 members.
How do we gamify the process of crowdsourcing to facilitate the collection of both Singlish speech and corresponding transcribed text data?
How do we gamify to drive the behavioural changes in diabetic patients to improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs?
How do we gamify Wanted’s referral process to facilitate and scale job referrals on the Wanted site (or app)?
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
RakutenAPI 'API Hack'
$500 API Credits
$300 API Credits
$200 API Credits
Director - AI Singapore
Laurence is the Director for AI Industry Innovation at AI Singapore and is driving the adoption of AI by the Singapore ecosystem through the 100 Experiments and AI Apprenticeship programmes. Laurence graduated from National University of Singapore (NUS) with First Class Honours in Engineering and holds a Masters in Knowledge Engineering from NUS.
Co-founder - Wanted
Reagan is the co-founder and product manager of WantedLab. Previously, he was a senior technical evangelist at Microsoft, leading Windows App Store releases across top brands and evangelizing client platforms for developers.
CTO - Jaga-Me
Aaron is the Chief Technology & Product Officer of Jaga-Me (www.jaga.sg), a digital healthcare platform which bridges a patient's transition from hospital to home, by making professional healthcare services, medical equipment and information accessible to patients and their families.
Head of UX and Design, Digital - SP Group
Priscilla is a Data-Driven Experience Designer, Design Leader and Facilitator. As the Head of User Experience and Design in SP Group, a leading energy utilities company in Asia Pacific and one of Singapore’s largest corporations.
11 Golden Rules
- The hackathon is open to all.
- You may join as an individual or as a team of up to 5 members.
- At least 1 team member must be present at the event venue throughout the hackathon.
- Projects must seek to address at least 1 of the provided challenges.
- Each participant is responsible for the sourcing and usage of data and systems in their Hackathon projects.
- Each participant owns the intellectual property they generate during the Hackathon.
- All projects must be finalised during the Hackathon.
- Participants must stop work on their projects once time is up.
- All teams will be given 2 minutes to present during the semi-finals. 5 finalists will then be shortlisted and given 5 minutes to present in the finals.
- Participants are not allowed to bring pre-coded work.
- Participants may be disqualified from the competition at the organisers’ discretion (reasons include but are not limited to: breaking the rules, or other unsporting behavior).
Pre-Event (2 Feb, Saturday)
[Sponsor Talk] SG Innovate
Bing-Kopi (Icebreaking Game)
[Bonus Segment] Insider Tips on Wanted's Challenge Statement
What Is Gamification By AI Singapore
[Bonus Segment] Insider Tips on AI Singapore's Challenge Statement
Q&A and prize presentation
Networking & Lucky Draw
End of event
Day 1 (23 Feb, Saturday)
Briefing by GeeksHacking
Opening address by AI Singapore
Opening address by Wanted
Start of HackOMania 2019
Opening of Challenge Statements
Workshop 1: Building Flappy Bird with Unity
Workshop 2: Rakuten RapidAPI platform
Workshop 3: Data Analytics & AI
Day 2 (24 Feb, Sunday)
Closing of Challenge Statements
"Expo"- Time for demos, show us what you have
Judging - Round 1
Deliberation - Round 1
Judging - Round 2
Deliberation - Round 2
End of Hackomania 2019
Date: 02 Feb 2019 Time: 01:00PM - 05:00PM Venue: BLOCK71 Singapore by NUS Enterprise
Start: 23 Feb 2019 11:00AM Finish: 24 Feb 2019 05:30PM Venue: Rakuten Asia Pte. Ltd. 138 Market Street, Level 29